Links to documents on the Lambeth Palace website have been restored.
Menu system changed to help mobile devices.
The tower clock has now only one face, which is on the south wall, but in 1749 there were two, as the following account shows:-
1749. "Pd for 2 Clock faces and putting them up £4 9s. 6d."
The present clock was installed in 1816 at a cost of £90. The maker was W.Leigh, Newton, Lancs. The present simple clock face was a further replacement in 1984.
And in February, 2010, an automatic system was added so that during power cuts the clock would continue to tell the correct time. Also the hour changes in March and October are now made without manual intervention.