Links to documents on the Lambeth Palace website have been restored.
Menu system changed to help mobile devices.
The clock dates back to 1816. It was made by William Leigh of Newton, Lancashire and there is a plaque in the ringing room dated August 30th 1816. The plaque lists the vicar and wardens as follows
CHURCH WARDENS for 1815 and 1816
On a smaller plate affixed below we are told that the clock was altered 84 years later, in 1900.
THIS CLOCK WAS RE-ARRANGED AND RESTORED BY WILLIAM LEE OF BOLTON IN THE YEAR 1900 AD BEING THE 62ND YEAR OF HER MAJESTY QUEEN VICTORIA'S REIGN
HENRY SHERIDAN PATTERSON, VICAR
WARDENS Jesse Clegg, Wm Crompton, S. Warburton
SIDESMEN H.T. Crook, J.H. Mather, G.H. Wood
The clock was updated to electricity, probably in the 1950s, including the striking on the hour.
The mechanism was again altered in 2010, when the technology was brought into the 21st Century. Due to needing manual alteration each March and October, and each time the power failed, a computerised system with battery back-up was installed. The clock face does not betray the change.
Royal Coat of Arms
Elizabeth Heelis Window
George Marsh Window
John Kynaston Cross Window
The European War 1914-1918 Memorial window
Sunday School Window