Rev. Robert Catterall Worsley came to Deane in 1927, being at that time Vicar of Holy Trinity, Horwich. After a short time the house in Junction Road (Bakewells) was bought to serve as a vicarage. In 1934 the old Deane Church House was taken down, and Deane Parish Church Memorial Hall erected as a memorial to the fallen in the Great War of 1914-1918. The old Deane Church House, a corrugated-iron structure, had been opened in 1904: it had originally been a church in Blackpool. It was to be "a house where good association and councel will afford youth the sympathy and guidance it so much needs." The present commodious hall is admirably provided to serve the social needs of the parish.
Rev. R.C.Worsley was appointed to Honorary Canon of Manchester Cathedral in 1935, and in 1948 he became Rural Dean of Bolton. His many activities in parochial affairs, his service in the cause of education, and his work in the diocese, particularly as Warden for the Readers, are known and appreciated in and beyond the parish. In 1950 Canon Worsley was offered and accepted the living of St.Peter's, Tiverton, North Devon.