As part of the church's presence in Deane it was decided to build a place for the parishioners that would keep them out of the Public Houses and Ale Houses.
The Rev. Henry Sheridan Patterson recognised the need for a social club and in 1891 plans were unveiled for such a facility. Deane Village Club was to include a gym, meeting rooms, café and bowling green. It would appear that this building was not built, but in its place a corrugated iron building assembled.
This one was called the 'Church House'. In the Bazaar booklet of 1929, it is stated that it had a name change to 'Deane Parochial Hall'. It had lasted for over thirty years and was costly to maintain.
The Memorial Hall is the latest in a series of buildings that have served the community. The foundation stone was laid in 1934 and was opened five months later on 3rd November. It was dedicated to the members of the parish who gave up their lives in the 1914-1918 war.
Towards the end of the 20th century it was noticed that the Memorial Hall also was suffering quite severe problems. A prop was installed in the kitchen to hold the roof up and several cracks had appeared at the south end of the building. Efforts were made to make the building habitable but in 2011 part of the ceiling collapsed. Discussions had already taken place between the PCC and architects during Rev Mainey's incumbency and continued with Rev Clark's. Fundraising had been ongoing with a target of £250,000. Unfortunately the PCC's ambitions outstripped the generosity of the parishioners and by 2012 little progress had been made.